Tuesday 8 January 2013

140. Sue


The light it came to pass and so
The sunlight shone through like rays of gold
Through grey and moody clouds I saw
The picture of my love, so pure and bold.
And so it came to pass, my love
We both know I'm not the only one.
To wear my heart on my sleeve and proclaim
That I for loving you am sane.

Oh my love, how your eyes shined so bright
Now you know that I would run on through the night
To meet with you; Our paths have crossed more than twice
And to every man; you are a pure unrivalled delight.

The skies all turned to rain when you
Turned around and said the truth
There was a man in your life.
I cried as you could only explain in vein.
We both talked all night
But as darkness became sunlight
A new dawn came to me,
I found that you had died that night.

Oh now I know, why I never got a reply.
Now you know that I am the one who died that night.
To meet with you; Our paths will have to cross again.
In another time and place; I'm just worried that it won't be the same.

And now you know that the love shines like sun on velvet snow
though to me you'll never see; what I have been.
What I've became.
I'll carry on searching until my fate is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment