Tuesday 8 January 2013

137. Start Anew


I feel, I feel almost whole.
Like a Travelling Wilbury
On that path, found my soul
Dreaming the days away in absinthe walls
You dare thought that I was sold?
No save face and run away
Turn those blue sky's to grey
Don't look forward
Look back to another day
When the times were ours, and not the government's brigade.

So don't save it for another day
Crack it open and drink with me
To the good times and the bad.
Anew we start, it's strange on my head.
Like never ventured apart;
Yet so much can change
I've lived my life draconian
You have just stayed the same.

The ink in the well ran dry when the demons faded
And yet the images combined have never faltered
To be young was to be me.
To be old is as to life as I am to melancholy.
A wee drag of the olde stuff
Takes it's toll on us like chlorophorm
Died long ago, yet still alive; still norm.
Brave face aside, you stole my pride...
Lost in the garbage-river with my smile
Cats call on me to pounce.
We all know
We don't stand a chance.

Call us in, throw us out
My dream dies as last orders
Is called for the day.
To start anew.
That's the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment